Set Shared Values and Secrets
To override Application Values and Secrets in your environment settings.
Set Shared Values
- From the Application overview, select the
...of the Application you’d like to set shared Application Values for.
- From the dropdown, select Settings.
- Under App default values & secrets, select + Add Variables.
- Enter the following information:
- Enter a unique key name.
- Enter a value.
- Enter a Description.
- (optional) Select the toggle to create a secret.
- Select Save to finish.
Shared Application Values be set to Secret. This means that they will be treated differently when stored and referenced. When being stored, Secret values will be stored encrypted in a dedicated secret store (for example, HashiCorp Vault).
Secret values are also not retrievable by Humanitec. This means they will not appear in the UI, CLI or API. They will also not be present in exported Kubernetes Manifests.