Create a new service user
A service user is a non-human system user. API tokens can be generated from service users and are used to interact with Humanitec’s API on the service user’s behalf.
To create a new service user, you need to be an admin or manager of your organization.
- In the service user settings, select Create new service user.
- Enter a service username and select a RBAC role. Service users can be assigned roles on all levels (Organization, Application, Environment) just like regular users.
- Confirm your selection by selecting Create new service user.
Generate an API token from a service user
To obtain an API token, create a service user with an assigned set of RBAC roles first.
- In the service user settings, select the service user you would like to create an API token for.
- Select Add new API token and add a token ID and an (optional) description. The RBAC role is inherited from the service user and can not be modified.
- You have the option to specify an expiration date for the token. By default, the token has an unlimited duration.
- Select Create new API token to generate a new API token.